Monday, May 20, 2019

Hexies

A very very long term project. My car/travel project are these little hexagons. Each side is 3/4 an inch. Eventually they will be put together as flowers to make what is called a "Grandmothers flower garden" quilt. There are many variations and I am not sure how I am going to do mine. I am basically cutting a FQ (fat quarter of fabric roughly 18x22) down to 2 inch squares and that's how many of each color I am doing. I know the center of each flower will be white to tie all the colors together.

1 comment:

Aunty said...

Thank you ;)

I don't understand what happens to the hexies after you cover them with fabric. Do they stay in there? I'm confused. Or are the hexies just to form the fabric?

It's not nice to confuse Aunty. She struggles for clarity as it is. lol

Smoochies to all
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥