Tuesday, July 15, 2014

TDF update

This was yesterday's spinning
It's hard to see but it's black merino with colored silk and angelina (sparkely stuff). Old stash from Enchanted Knoll Farm. I have 2 others with different colored silk and angelina. I bought them years ago and was afraid to spin them (why I was afraid I would mess them up I don't really know) hopefully during this tour I'll get to the other two. 

This is tonight's spinning

Spunky Eclectic BFL in Vineyard. This is one of the two I have. The other will get spun and then the two will be spun together. Something different I know :)

This is the singles I took off my spindle

The spindle just got to heavy to keep it spinning and the singles kept breaking. I slid it onto a straw for right now. Why a straw, well I have kept spinning all these singles without plying and lost track of the empty bobbins. I have one left so I have to start plying tomorrow. 



1 comment:

Aunty said...

Is there a prize for spinning the most in the TDF? Hope you're having a ball and have something in mind for all this wonderful stuff. I'd love to see what you do with the black + silk + sparkles!

smoochies to all & hope you're staying cool!