Sunday, March 22, 2015

Another Graham Hat

A little over a week ago I had to go pick up Code-man from college. One of my best friends just happens to live 5 minutes away from the university. This time I got to see he studio. She is an amazing dyer of yarn. I spent a good amount of time trying to figure out how to sneak her stock out without her knowing:)

The sweetheart that she is ended up giving me two skeins. One for helping her label about 20 skeins. I love it. My girls said it looked like my Loki figure 
Yes it does seem to go with him

Then this one is the gift. Pictures do not do justice to the colors of her yarn. I so wished I lived closer. I wound up this skein right away and since it is an aran weight and only one skein I needed something small. I also needed a travel project and wanted something that didn't require too much thinking. So I went to the defaul Graham Hat. 
This is where I am tonight. I included both pictures just to try to show the colors of this yarn. 
I love her yarn. She is the dyer begin The Periwinkle Sheep. She has expanded to selling her yarns in yarn stores and festivals. I'm proud of her and how far she has come. Though I can say I knew her before she was famous :)

1 comment:

Aunty said...

Yes, it's beautiful stuff. Glad you're working with it because it seems to make you happy.

smoochies to all and a big hug to you, Q

♥♥♥♥♥♥