Friday, October 23, 2015

Problems with math

So I was making a gift. Thing is the pattern was originally for a bulky weight yarn and I wanted to make it in a fingering weight yarn. So a little math and I thought I had it all figured out and ordered the yarn. 
You can see what's going to happen right?

Scarf on the right is halfway done. Yarn on the left is 3/4 done. So it's not going to happen. I ordered another skein with my store credit and fingers crossed the yarn matches. Agh. I figured it would be a tight squeeze but half a skein just is in no way a tight squeeze 
Here's a pic of Murphy. She's so cute. 

1 comment:

Aunty said...

You should know by now, Q, it's ALWAYS better to overorder and have too much than to miscalculate and not have enough!! Rookie mistake, niece! The color is very pretty. Is it yarn from Rhinebeck? We haven't see that yet. (hint hint)

Yes, Murphy is a dang cute one. How about pix of the old man? I love cats at any age and size! Oh, and by the way, if you rename him, it won't matter. You can pretty much call a cat anything; he'll respond if he feels like it, you know!

Smoochies to all and good luck with the scarf.

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥