Tuesday, January 3, 2017

New Year New Projects -Lets try this again

(There was supposed to be lots of words here)

Ok let's see what did I say last night. Knitting wise I am all done with gift making. Still have a few sewing gifts to make. Anyway I started two projects on the left is the beginnings of a hat. I received Elizabeth Zimmerman's knitting workshop DVD and I'm knitting along with her. It's basically like a pbs series that goes along with her book. I am a huge fan of hers and even though I have been knitting for about 35 years (technically) I learned new things already in just a couple of episodes 

The project on the right is the beginnings of a sweater for Mj. I am using one of Elizabeth Zimmerman "patterns". She was amazing you take you stitches per inch and three measurements and tada you have all you need to make a sweater. It's fun to watch it all come together 

Speaking of Mj the boy loves to sit next to me when I yarn. His words. So sweet. He even hold the needles and moves them the right way. I vaguely showed him what I'm doing and he was so excited, asking questions like what if the needle come out of the loop. The boy will be five on Monday and he is a sharp cookie. You can see the wheels moving in his head as he tries to figure things out. 

I'll try to get a picture next time

Well I think that's mostly what I said. Oh wait the yarn is from my friend Karin. Love the colors and they are two different ones. Mine is pretty and his is beautiful according to Mj.  Well I am off to go get said Mj from school

2 comments:

Aunty said...

no clues as to what the new projects are?? Tsk

smoochies to all

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥

Aunty said...

Thanks for the words! I missed them the first time. lol

Teach him how to knit!! You won't regret it and neither will he, I bet.

smoochies to all

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥