Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Pinwheels

So now I'm at the slow section of pinwheels. 6 of the 8 rows has to be done by hand in the neutral position on my loom. My pick up stick is just a repurposed size 13 knitting needle. It works perfectly. It's is slow. Half an hour for two repeats (it will speed up once I get my groove going and memorize the pattern). I included the picture and one where I tried to outline the pinwheels. There is not a huge contrast in my colors so it's more subtle. I tried to put in a dotted line the first repeat has the bottom chopped off and the top repeat gains it point in the next repeat. It should be more noticeable with more repeats. (Btw. The darker color is called "Goth Girl" and the lighter color is called "11 ways to dry a chili pepper". My friend Karin dyed them. Psst- Periwinkle Sheep on Etsy and fiber fairs in the northeast ( she really doesn't need me plugging for her. She's amazing and successful already and I told her she would be))

1 comment:

Aunty said...

Ohhhhhhhh... NOW I get it! You're creating actual pinwheels in the fabric! Du-uh, Aunty! lol

Gonna be beautiful, Q. I wish I could weave. It's a creative and very practical art.

Now I REALLY can't wait to see the finished scarf!

smoochies to all
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥