Friday, April 30, 2010

knitting and Crochet Blog Week-Day 5

Location

"Where do you like to indulge in your craft? Is your favorite arm chair your little knitting cubby area, or do you prefer to ‘knit in public’? Do you like to crochet in the great outdoors, perhaps, or knit in the bath, or at the pub?"


Where do I knit/crochet? Everywhere!! Of course! I knit in the car (not when I am driving), doctor's offices, waiting for tests, waiting for meetings, basically everywhere I have to wait, in bed, on the couch, in the backyard, at the playground, at dance classes waiting for the girls, etc.....

I have not knitted in the bath, that could be a problem since I mostly use wool. I have knitted in the bathroom though when the kids used to take baths when I was on lifeguard duty.

All this knitting everywhere has been mostly positive. Of course their is always someone somewhere who has to make some snide comment. I just let them go. They may be bored out of there mind waiting so maybe they are just jealous that I have something to do. = )

3 comments:

Aunty said...

See? That just proves your passion and commitment. Or that you should be committed? J/K.

smoochies

SDQuilter said...

I have done the lifeguard duty thing a lot recently with my Granddaughter. I knit all the places you have and have never knitted in the bathtub, but years ago, crocheted there. I knit in restaurants while waiting for my meal. Shhhh...don't rat me out, but I have been known to knit at a teleconference or two, who's to see? Great post and I wish others would confess in a comment.

Aunty said...

You know, Q, you are following family tradition. I can remember at least one occasion when I was a youngster sitting at your Grandma's aunt's house and watching in fascination as Grandma's cousin Dolly visited and talked while she was knitting mittens for Christmas presents -- she didn't even have to look! I don't know if it's true, but I also seem to remember she completed a pair during the course of that visit. Wow. They were solid red with a snowflake on the back.

And then an aunt of mine by marriage used to bring her crocheting with her everywhere. It astounded me that these women could do this stuff without looking!

I also think your grandpa's mother was a crocheter, if that's a word. And her daughter and her granddaughter.

So it is in the blood, kiddo!

smoochies