Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Lets Finally Get Caught Up

I finally found my camera cord, well I think it's my camera cord. It worked so that is good enough for me.

So lets see how far back I have to go...... I think it is Rhinebeck.
It was cold and cloudy. Though when the sun came out it warmed up quite a bit. Heck for a few minutes it even snowed.
Would not be Rhinebeck without sheep and goats (didnt manage any pictures of the llamas and alpacas, they were showing when we went through the staging area)
Could totally have stayed and kept petting this sweet girl.

So lets get to the goodies
This is llama fiber.  Every year that I have gone I have bought from this farm. Sadly this was the last year they were going to be there. The owners are older and want to cut back and concentrate on there online store instead.  I was nice that I got to see them one last time.
( way back when i posted about spinning llama down it was from the same people.  I just cant find the post to link. Its somewhere.)


Doctor Who project bag. Had to of course. =)


Also in the of course line, I stopped by my friend Karin's booth. Three Aran weeight yarns and her special Rhinebeck 2015 yarn (2nd from the left)


This is Jacob Sheep fiber They naturally come in black and white. The last time I was at Rhinebeck the Jacob sheep was the sheep of the year. Could not find any fiber then, but thatnks to that year Jacob sheep have become more popular. I was happy to have it natural. amazingly people like it seperated, which honestly kinda defeats the purpose of having a naturally black and white sheep.


Basket of course. I get one each year. This one I am currently using to keep all my ornaments making stuff.

Favorite lip balm of all time. Bought two this time. Finally learned.

Yarn- this year it seems I liked natural colored.



Because you can never have too many spindles. I bought a lightweight one handd made from ceder (it still smells too) Lightweight means I should be able to soin really thin. We shall see it it actually works that way.

Couldnt help myself with this purchase they were so cute.

So that's Rhinebeck. Next up is Halloween.
Pumpkins. I carved the spider - Mj picked it. Kris did the Halloween one. Ang did the cat and Dillon did the last one. He carved 3 different things on his pumpkin, not sure what it was he carved.

costumes.

Murphy surprising Bubba.

Thats pretty much it, I think.  I have been working on ornaments. Can not post about 1 of them just in case the future owner reads this post. Figures.  I should have one more done tonight so then I'll have more to post.

Its been slow in the making department. My hands just dont work the way they used to. That and my back and just the crazy life that has been the norm of late.  Well what gets done gets done, right?

 



















1 comment:

Aunty said...

Thank you soooo much for all the pictures! Love the stuff from Rhinebeck, all the great fibers and wool. Love the sheepie!

Nice to see Dad in a pic too. Don't see too many of them!

Sweet pic of the two cats too.

Hope you have tons of fun working with all the goodies from Rhinebeck. I'd love to go with you sometime.

Love you and smoochies to all!
♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥