Tuesday, August 14, 2007

And So It Begins.......

And so it begins. We (my doctor, Hubby and I) were hoping that what progress the Plaquenil did would hold over until I could start a new medication, well it looks like that will not happen. I have noticed in the past couple of mornings that I am waking up stiff and sore. This morning my hands were back to what I like to call The Claw form (picture your fingers curled in - not quite a fist and a little painful to stretch out at this point). It is now almost 1 in the afternoon and there is still some stiffness going on. Yesterday my knees were really hurting to the point were I had to ice the crap out of them so I could fall asleep.

Well this sucks. I have to wait until September 13 to see my doctor. Hopefully by then the Plaquenil will be out of my system and I can start a new medication. I just hope I can function until then. Of course I still have to make the “Do I ever want to have more children? decision.(Yep I have not even thought about it. Don’t want to. And yes I know I have to and I will, I still have a month.) I am just not in the mood right now to think about it. It is amazing how much pain tires one out. That part is really annoying. Okay I am done complaining. It is not like it makes me any better and I do not want to sink to far into depressed crankiness. ; )

In knitting news (no pictures today, I can not find any working batteries) I worked on the Monkeys. In one sitting I did the leg, turned the heel, did the decreases and I am now on the foot. It was easy and fun and I did it in about 2 interrupted hours. That amazed me.

My Mets Vog On’s are about to be frogged. I think the yarn is to thick for the pattern (or it could be too sticky for my bamboo dpns). I worked on them for about 10 minutes last night and they were killing my hands so I need to fix that. I was going through More Sensational Socks and well I see lots of ideas.

I finished the toe on Hubby's 2nd sock (aka the socks from H-E-double hockey sticks) and I almost finished the first color band after the toe. I would probably be able to go faster but I have to separate the double strands and then rewind the yarn. This is not fun at all. I really am starting to hate these socks. It will be a really happy day when the darn socks are done.

I do have happy news, Hubby said he would drive me to Rhinebeck. How cool is that!! I am so excited. I started saving money for a big time shopping spree. I figure if I yarn diet and save that money and a few bucks here and there I should a have a nice sum for the trip. I also have to knit a good chunk of my stash so I have some room to put all my new stuff. I am also counting the days.(67 days).

I am off to try and knit some of that stash now (hopefully) =)

133 knitting days left until Christmas

2 comments:

bittenbyknittin said...

RHINEBECK! I am so jealous! I need to go to MA to see my dad and have been trying to figure out how to get there via Rhinebeck, but I'm not sure I will have enough vacation days left. RHINEBECK!

So sorry the meds are not cooperating. Hopefully, September will bring some relief.

Your Mets rock, while my Cubs are doing their usual August thing, da bums.

Oh, and love the Kool-Aid purses!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading back through your posts. You are the only other person I've ever heard of who was severely allergic to plaquenil. FWIW, at the beginning of my illness, they thought I had rheumatoid arthritis--but it changed and decided it wanted to be lupus when it grew up. That was 17 years ago. I had kids ages 2, 4, 6, and 8 at the time, and thought I'd never live to see them grow up. But I did, despite adding Crohn's and dysautonomia to the list. And steroids don't touch any of it. If I can make it, you will too. Hang in there!