Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Yeah Blogger is letting me Blog!!

(Blogger had not liked me for the past 2 days. I guess I am allowed to post today)

Well yesterday it was 57 degrees (and rainy) and today it is 60 and rainy. Is it August? Oh well I am loving it. I love the fall and winter.

So I made my christmas list and oh boy I did it this year!! Here is the shortened version: 3 sweaters, 8 pairs of socks, 2 bags, 1 blanket (maybe 2 more), 2 pairs of felted slippers, 9 hats, 2 scarves (one I am designing), 1 shawl and 1 pillow. Of this list I have 8 started. Will I make it? Time will tell . (and yes I think I can do it - I will think this until the end regardless if I make it or not. No negative thinking allowed with this list) I also have to come up with an ornament for this year. That is my tradition. I make different ornaments every year (ok I only did it 2 years in a row). One year it was hand sewn and embroidered felt ornaments (I do not have any pictures but this year I will be taking pictures of them) and last year I knitted balls (hehehe) I mean ornaments. Sorry about that Hubby made fun of them the whole time I was knitting them (I think I made around 15) and I still laugh about it when I think about it.

In other knitting news I finally finished my Saturday Market Bag. It did not finish easy. I took it out of my bag (I thought it’s time out was over) and started knitting the straps. Then I ran out of yarn almost at the end of the second strap. So I ripped the straps and started again. I knitted the straps, grafted the straps on and weaved in all of the ends. As I was admiring (and thanking the yarn goddess I was finally done) I noticed something. I picked up the handles on the wrong side (meaning when the handles are right side out the bottom is wrong side out) It is a little different and well I am chalking it up to creative license.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I do have this to say about the bag. It can hold a lot. (I raided the girls stuffed animals) I could have squeezed in more too!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I finished one Monkey.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(no I haven’t casted on the second one yet - I will) This pair is not for me (part of the christmas knitting) but I do have some KnitPicks Memories in S’mores color way that I want to use to make a pair for me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the beginnings of a scarf that I designed. My fingers are crossed that it will work. So far so good.

This is my 4 year olds knitting. I am amazed how well she is doing. today she sat for about an hour and knitted about 5 inches. (yep I am a proud Momma)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am feeling under the weather today (I am guessing from the damp ickyness) so knitting is slow, but I am knitting.

125 days until Christmas. Are you knitting yet?

No comments: