Friday, August 31, 2007

I Am Just A KAL Girl!!!

Well I have learned that it does not take much to get me to KAL. Though to argue it is more fun to knit as a group, even a virtual group, then by oneself. Plus I need to knit some fun things as I knit this crazy christmas list of mine!!.

So far I am on the Sock A Month 4 KAL, which should help with the christmas sock list. Septembers socks will be christmas socks (and probably October, November and December too). I am also a member of The Hanami KAL. It is a great pattern and well since it is a knit at your own pace KAL, I think I will do fine. (Yes I still have to work on MS3/Swan Lake - I have a feeling it will be pushed back until after the holidays =( ). Third I am doing a KAL for Tiffany Mittens with fellow S’n’Bers.. I have loved these mittens ever since Ves (Hi!!) posted about them. Jill did a good deed by bring them back up for discussion and well a KAL formed. I just got my yarn (more on that in a sec) for them and now I have to decide what color to use where - ahhh the problems I have =). Lastly I just joined The Fingerless Mitts for Fall KAL. I love fingerless mitts. They keep your hands warm and you can still knit, type, write etc. I wore out last years so this will help fill the need for another pair. So that is 5 KALs, so do-able.

Ok now for the yarn fun. This is my last yarn purchase. (I have to save money for Rhinebeck). I bought yarn for Tiffany. Of course it was from KnitPicks. I got Swish in DK weight and here is a pic. The colors are Mist (gray), Dusk (blue), Cinnamon (brown), Eggplant (purple) and Holly berry (red).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Since I was no where near the $45 dollar for free shipping mark, I also bought some Memories (alas it is discontinued = ( , I like this yarn so when I saw that they were down to 2 colors I bought 2 of each.) Here is Red Hat and Redwood Forest.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then I saw the new Essentials Multi yarns. So I also got Peacock, Blue Violet, Meadow and Tuscany. I am a sucker for sock yarn. What is it about sock yarn anyway?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Well I have to go and redo Tiffany charts, pick a pattern for the fingerless mitts, work on the 2nd Monkey sock (almost done) - I need the needles for Tiffany, and get everything ready and maybe cast on Hanami. The Kids are with the Grandparents tonight so maybe I will get some of this done =).

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh, I love the sock yarns!! You've inspired me...I just signed up for the sock KAL 4, too. I've been considering it and I can't resist any more. LOL. I think the tuscany is my favorite. And the colors for the tiffanys are going to be great. Love the grey!