Friday, August 17, 2007

Randomness. (meaning - no knitting to show)

One of my children asked me where I got the name Qutecowgirl and just in case anyone else was wondering here is the why. Way back in the day ( sometime in 1997 - holy cow that was 10 years ago) I bought my first computer and of course hooked it up to the internet ( and just think back then dial up was amazing). I was using AOL at the time and I had to come up with a user name. Now I have collected cows and cow related stuff for years prior and still do. (I do not know why cows have this hold on me) I have Mary Moo Moos (tons), stuffed cows, a cow cutting board, a cow tea kettle, cow mugs, a cow print apron and heck I now have a cow button. I have tons of cow related stuff (although most is in storage - my kids and breakable stuff do not mix well). When I was making my name I tried many versions of cowgirl and found Qutecowgirl. So I guess you can add my name to my cow collection.= )

People I would Like to Meet: (in random order)

1. My cousin Richard TenEyck. I have never met him. My uncle (his father) died in a car accident at 19 leaving his fiancĂ© pregnant alone. She gave birth to a boy and named him after his father. This all happen years before I was born. My Aunt R and I tried to find him but nothing. He did call once and said he would call again because he wanted to know his father’s family but didn’t. So if anyone knows a Richard TenEyck whose father died before he was born can you let him know he has a cousin who would like to say hi.

2. Maya Angelou. Amazing woman and writer. I discovered her books in college and I have all of them. Her poetry is inspiring.
3.The Yarn Harlot. I want to say thank you. You see months ago when my RA was being a real pain in the ____ I was in Barnes and Noble and found her book The Yarn Harlot and I bought it. I read it in one sitting laughing most of the time. Hubby thought I lost my mind, I was going between crying from pain to laughing my butt off. Thinking back I am sure I freaked him out but that book (which I read many many times since) got me through a lot of pain and frustration.

4.Oprah Winfrey. Another amazing woman. She stands up for what she believes in and does not let any tell her different (like the cattle industry). She is generous and helps those less fortunate.

Yep it is a short list.

Well today I seem to be doing better. I will be attempting to knit today (crosses fingers). Wish me luck!! =)

130 days until Christmas. Time to buckle down and get a knitting (and to make a list of what I have to knit)

2 comments:

Soo said...

Egads! Only 130 days to Christmas.... hmmm... I better start knitting for other people soon!

Thanks for the nice comments on my Mystery Stole -- good luck with yours!

Jen said...

I have heard Mya Angelou speak. She came to Palmer College of Chiropractic while I was attending, and she was so amazing! Her words are very powerful.

I am not sure that I appreciate you counting down the days to Xmas...I like to live in ignorant bliss!! :) My list is not as extensive as yours, thank goodness...3 pairs of socks, and a felt bag...but still overwhelming thinking of how quickly the last 2 months have gone by!