Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Sheep's Hot Flash

Over at the "Cold Sheeping" support thread I fessed up that my sheep had a major Hot flash. Well I didn't want to post all the picture (many pictures) that showed what I bought over there but some wanted to see so I decided to make a blog post about it. (Very picture heavy)

Hot flash

This is what started it all. 5 balls of Cascade 220 in black for Skywalker's new sweater. As you will see these 5 little balls opened the flood gates.

In no order what so ever here we go:
Hot flash
Fleece Artist merino2/6 in ebony

Hot flash
Dream in Color Smooshy in "Good Luck Jade"

Hot flash
Dream in Color Baby in "November Muse"

Hot flash
Malabrigo Silky Merino in "Velvet Grapes" (to go with the other 4 I have)

Hot flash
LB Cashwool in "Charcoal"

Hot flash
Universal Yarn Cotton Supreme in "Brown"

Hot flash
Knit Picks Stroll Sport in "Clematis Heather"

Hot flash
Hot flash
Hot flash
Hot flash
Hot flash
Hot flash
Hot flash
Knit Picks Comfy fingering in assorted colors Marlin, semolina, honeydew, lilac, peony, peapod , and flamingo

Hot flash
Knit Picks Felici sport in "Sorcery"

Hot flash
Knit Picks Felici in "Rainbow"

Hot flash
Hand Maiden Sea Silk in "BLue Lagoon"

Hot flash
Dream in Color Starry in "Dusky Aurora" (it has real silver threads in it!)

Hot flash
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in "Whitewater"

Hot flash
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in "Black Purl"

Hot flash
Gale's Art BFL/silk in Stormy Seas (the only fiber I bought)

Well that is almost all of it. I am missing picture of 2 yarns and for some reason they went poof! One is just like the Clematis Heather except it is in worsted weight (4 balls of that one) and the other is also from Knit Picks. It is Elegance, which is a alpaca silk mix I believe in Barn Red (also 4 balls)

So there you go my splurge. All that yarn is equal to the amount I knitted last year. 61 balls or 12,761 yards or 7.25 miles. Oh boy!

ETA: I also bought hanks of Knit picks Bare to dye, but I didn't think you wanted to see that.

5 comments:

mom said...

Wow, honey, you really did go bonkers. you deserve it, now you have to knit, knit, knit. only 6 months till Christmas.. he he he he
love you Mom

Toni said...

Oh my!!!!!

Jealous (1000)

SDQuilter said...

Holy Moses...(that was the sound of pure envy). Just gorgeous. I am sending Bruce your way to peek...so when you see Jersey pop on your ticker, you know he made it. Such a beautiful bunch of fiber. Have great fun with it!! I like the new colors on the blog, too...very much.

bittenbyknittin said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! And thank you for stimulating the economy!

Aunty said...

What a great bunch of beautiful stuff and what wonderful names! Bet you're inspired. Have fun!

smoochies