Friday, July 10, 2009

Back to the world of the living..

somewhat. Not 100% but good. I am keeping the good thoughts that the upswing continues.

So lets see what shall I blog about. I have nothing new for the Tour De Fleece. I want to spin but sitting is still to painful. I am hoping tomorrow. So how about my first quilt!!

sunflower - throw size

I showed the top finished last year sometime

sunflower - wrinkley

Now it has a back, binding and it is quilted. Free hand on my machine no less!! Yes people I just dive right in!! It was pretty easy and now that I have done it I hear it is hard. Sometimes it is good to just go for it and ignore what people say.

sunflower - border

The back is just plain black cotton and the binding is black corduroy I had gotten on a scrap bundle. Yeah I know not fancy but..

sunflower - quilting

the quilting shows up great on the back and I love how it looks and in the end that what matters =) It is a light weight quilt, throw size that has been at home on my side of the couch for the last few months. I love it very much and there is a sentimental-ness to it. I bought the fabric when I was visiting my father and the sunflowers also remind me of my uncle. I miss them both. It is funny how something like a quilt connects to the past and memories.

=)

4 comments:

Toni said...

It looks great!

Jill said...

I love it! Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better...well, good enough to post, that is. :)

Karen said...

Hurray, I'm so glad you are feeling better. Your quilt is gorgeous - it boggles my mind that it's your first!!

Laurelena said...

The quilt is beautiful! I understand what you mean about how the quilt reminds you of people. Cherish it always :)

I'm hoping your upswing lasts a long time.