Thursday, October 4, 2007

Plans Foiled

Yesterday I was all ready to knit and knit. I wanted to finish a pair of socks and work on the pair that I am designing. Everything was going well until dinner time when I notice my Daughter scratching her head. Now mom's of young school age children fear this. As soon as we finished dinner I pulled her over to the light and looked. Yep. She has LICE!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!! I feel itchy just thinking about it.


My MIL went to CVS for me while I kept her from the other two and stripped everything. It took me 3 and a half hours to comb out those nits (eggs). I had to take her to the school nurse this morning to get checked. Not good. I missed some eggs. I have to re-comb her hair and wash her sheets and pillow again and treat Buddha (as a precaution - since they are always playing together) Yeah!! (not)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I guess I have to find out what's going on by reading your blog, huh? when I read how many projects you have for Xmas, I hesitated to put in my request, especially since I suspect that I am on that list (for Hanukkah, of course). BUT since you seem to be the Sock Queen, I would LOVE to have some slipper sox or just really heavy yarn, really loose in the shin area, and could you put some extra "padding" on the bottom socks. I mean, if you get on a roll or something, you know? love you
Aunty

Jill said...

Oh, no! It happened to my daughter last year at the beginning of school, and it was horrible. The combing is the worst part, and they don't sit STILL. Arghhh! Don't worry, you'll get through it. And if it helps, none of the rest of us got it, if you can believe that. Make sure you vacuum the rugs and furniture, and I did the van and carseats, too. You obviously know about the sheets, pillows, etc. Oh, you poor thing! Don't worry, it's happened to other people, too. -hugs-