Monday, October 1, 2007

Yarn Fun!!

While I was taking a picture of the Pink Ribbon yarn for Jill's contest, I noticed that the sky was really blue and the grass was really green. Then I started thinking that fall is almost here and then it will be winter and these colors will be gone until spring. (the colors are the only thing I really miss about summer) So what did I do. I dyed more yarn. I wanted a bright blue and a green green. I think I got it. When it is the middle of winter I have these to brighten up my day.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blue Sky

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Green Grass

I played around with the dye and yarn and this is what I got. What do you think? I have an idea what to do with it. Hopefully it goes well.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now I know I am no expert at dying but it is so much fun. I used up all of my extra Knit Picks Bare yarn and dye but I am going to get more.

In knitting news I started Hubby's double knitted hat. Blue and orange again. NY Islander or Chicago Bears colors. (do not get me started on the Mets - I know there is next year...) It is not that hard to do but boy it does take longer. After 40 minutes with interruptions this is where I am.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hopefully I will get it done before it gets too cold.

I also finished the Lace Rib socks.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This time I took the picture in sepia just to be different. I took a look at my Christmas knitting list. 5 things done and 27 to go. I am out of my mind. I am not going to do this next year. Yep I am taking next christmas off (well the knitting part). I have made so many things for other people and I think it is time I made some things for myself and not deal with the stress of making so many things. Maybe I will change my mind (and maybe I won't).

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, those socks are really nice. And love the yarn colors. You really did capture it. :) Hmmm...maybe I can send you some yarn? LOL

Anonymous said...

The yarn colors are wonderful! I love the blue and the green, but the pink is just perfect!