Tuesday, October 16, 2007

sick again = (

Well the cold that I though I had fought off decided to come back with reinforcements. It has been slow going in the knitting department (when there was any knitting going on). I did play with yarn though. I dyed more yarn. (hey this is getting addicting)
I played with blue and black trying to get a navy. Well it is not navy but it did come out a very pretty blue.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It is not this bright in real life. It is more like a muted teal but more blue then green. It matches a crayon that my kids have called Cape Cod Blue.

Speaking of Cape Cod, my Auntie (who lives there) asked for a pair of slipper socks. She told me any color but white. I hope she like this.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I used a golden yellow and a scarlett and let the colors overlap. It came out really nice. I did 2 hanks at the same time so I should have plenty.

I also dyed some fingering weight too. I wanted orange and black for Halloween. The orange came out great, the black well the first time not so great. I do not know if I didn't leave it long enough or what, but the black came out brownish purple. Now I know black can be a pain to work with but I was hoping it would be easy. Wrong. I guess after the others came out so nice that well a bad one was bound to happen. I had to re-do the black and of course my patience was gone and I made a mess. some of the black bled into the orange (not to badly) and I didn't pay enough attention and the dye bath started to boil. Well the black part of the yarn is a little felted. It is not too bad. I started balling the yarn to see how badly it was felted and I am not having a problem. I would say it is a little sticky but the yarn comes apart easily.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In other knitting news, I won a contest on Keri's blog. It was a welcome surprise on saturday when I got the package in the mail. In the package was a hank of Jitterbug by Colinette. It is beautiful. The picture does not do it justice. I am not sure
what I am going to use it for but I am thinking mini Monkeys for me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The other part of the prize was a handmade by Keri - a small project bag. It is amazing and I love it. I let her pick the fabric and I am glad I did. I know for those of you out there that know me I am sure you wouldn't think that this is a fabric I would like but I do.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Keri did list one on Etsy and I hope she puts more up, cause right after the holidays I am so buying another one. It might be sooner if I leave Rhinebeck with any money left (stop laughing - it might happen)

All is moving along with Hubby. The surgery is scheduled for the 26th. Now it is just a waiting game. Again. He will have to stay overnight for observation. That will be hard for me. I do not like being apart. I didn't really notice when I was in the hospital giving birth, I was exhausted. Friday night is going to be a long night. 9and I am not going to think about it until then)

4 comments:

Jill said...

Ooh, love the new yarn...yummy! And the new goodies look great. Would you link to Keri's Etsy store? I'd like to check out the bag...I've been looking for something smallish for a sock transport bag. (Somehow the ziplock I've been sporting isn't really "me".) So jealous of your Rhinebeck trip! Do I keep saying that???

picperfic said...

I love your yarn, I guess your Mum's slippers will be gorgeous! Sorry to hear you are still unwell, I expect you are having trouble fighting the virus/bacteria because you are worn out with worry about your husband. Have you tried echinacia? It really does help to boost your immune system and it might be the kick start you need..

bittenbyknittin said...

I expect a *full* report on Rhinebeck. Try to Kinnear the Yarn Harlot while you are there. Waiting is hard but at least you have a surgery date for Hubby. One step at a time. I have used echinecia and extra vitamin C to fight colds, and Airborne. And diluted OJ. And rest. Lots of rest.

Anonymous said...

Hooray I'm so glad you like your bag! =) I am working on sewing up more and I will be putting them in the shop shortly. I'm heading to SAFF this coming weekend, but probably after that. =) Have a great day!