Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Mailman is my friend

Whose mailman or women is not your friend when they are the ones bring nice stuff to you? =)
The roving that I have ordered is almost all here. Just waiting on 1 but that can be another post. Lets see where should I start.....

My Darling Auntie from Cape Cod gave me a gift certificate to Spunky Electric for my B-day. So many choices to pick from. Here is my haul.
SE sangria
This is Sangria 100% BFL 4oz. I picked this really because of the name. Sangria was my favorite alcoholic beverage when I could drink (another thing RA and its med affects). There is a authentic Mexican restaurant where I used to live that made the best sangria. Happy memories of that place.

SE Shark
Shark -4oz of 100% superwashed Corriedale. (there is more grey on the side you can't see)

SE Poison
2 - 2oz of Superwahed Merino and Tencel (50/50). Name Poison. The name grabbed my attention. The colors are so bright.

SE Rhubarb
Rhubarb - 4oz of 100% Alpaca. I am happy just to pet this one.

Thank You Auntie

I also bought a few things from the wonderful place named Etsy. =)
This one is from Keri (Knitty Gritty Thought Designs) Luck O' the 'Irish. 5.1oz of Superwashed Merino and Tencel
luck of the irish
(Keri threw in some goodies - Thank You Keri!!!)

This is Elvira from Enchanted Knoll Farms. It is 4oz of Merino with blue sari silk and red and gold angelina (sparkly stuff)
I also got a sample batt.
elivera
sample

Next time I will have an actual finished object!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh soo scrumptious! You always buy the best things! I am so excited to see how everything spins up. You are a spinning machine lately - I am so impressed! =)

Karen said...

Wow, with all the gorgeous stuff, I think your Mailman has a secret crush on you!! He brings you so good loot!

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey, the Poison look way cool !

what a nice aunty you have. (she's also a pretty good sis too)

love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm glad you were able to get lots of beautiful stuff. I'm with Keri: can't wait to see how it spins up. We really are going to have to rename you Arachne.

Smoochies,
Aunty

Anonymous said...

Wow! So glad you were able to get lots of beautiful stuff. I'm with Keri: can't wait to see how everything spins up. We really are going to have to start calling you Arachne.

Smoochies,
Aunty

Anonymous said...

Oh-so-pretty. I love the rovings you got. I think I'll have to check out those E-shops. (I have been avoiding them, because I know how tempted I will be!) There is SO much nifty roving out there...And I got some undyed. I have been eyeing it with my Kool-aid packets in hand!

Jill said...

Those look great--I am so jealous! Can't wait to see how they turn out...

Anonymous said...

Oh cool! All the possibilities, all the nice stuff to play with. Enjoy!