Wednesday, February 6, 2008

It is back!!

I am now entering week 4 of bronchitis. I tried to go back to work on monday and stayed for about 40 minutes. My body was yelling at me and throwing fits. If I hadn't left it was threatening to shut down on me. So back to the dr.s I went. Yep it either came back or never left. New antibiotic that is pretty strong, inhaler and nebulizer too. I do feel better. Fingers crossed this works since if it does not there is not much less she can do for me and off to the hospital I will go.

Anyway I have been able to work on my Stepson blanket. It all start about a year ago. He finally asked if I could make him something (he thought I would say no) and I said of course what would he like. We settled on a blanket with Mets colors (blue, orange and white). I took him to the store and he picked the yarn.

It started as a log cabin then it was changed to a modular design. 12 squares, each 3 color randomly changed (loved that part - no counting and did not have to make them match). I have finished 10 and I am half way done with number 11.

Then I will sew all the squares together (randomly), pick up and knit a border. This is the part I am dreading. I will be picking up 123 +163+123+163=572 stitches to start. I want to knit it garter stitch so it will not curl but I just can not see myself purling at least 572 stitches. To solve this I am going to pick a spot and knit around to it then turn and knit back around. I will have a tiny seam to sew but it will be worth not purling. Yeah!! Then I will sew onto the back some flannel and this solves the sewing in a million ends. Double Yeah!!

Here is my progress:

10 squares
yarn caron perfect match
Midnight blue
Orange
White

c blanket 1

I am off to finish number 11. His birthday is 2/14 and I promised him he would have it for his birthday.

Cute puppy and Hubby pic:
cute puppy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Honey, looks like Marc is really thrilled w/picture. Snickers looks like she's watching TV w/Dad.
the blanket is going to look terrific!
love, mom

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that you're still fighting the bronchitis. That stinks! The blanket is looking marvelous - I know your stepson will be delighted. And Snickers is still adorable.

Jill said...

Wow, that blanket looks so cool!! I love it so far--excellent design idea. Sorry to hear you're feeling so cruddy. That is the worst, and still having to be "mom" during the whole thing is always a challenge. I hope you feel better VERY soon. Get some rest, o.k.? :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no - I'm so sorry to hear that you're still sick, I hope you are feeling better soon!

AfternoonMoon said...

I had bronchitis and phenomia and the doctors gave me steroids to strengthen my lungs. Sounds like you need that too! Amazing how boys want blankets. I am secretly making my 11 year old a Mitered Square blanket for his birthday, but fortunately I have until late June to finish mine!

AfternoonMoon said...

oh, that darned Blogger, deleted my first post. Sorry about the bronchitis, I had that too, for so long that the doctor gave me steroids to strengthen my lungs. Sounds like you need that!
I am secretly making a Mitered Square blanket for my 11yr old, amazed me that he keeps ooh-ing and ahh-ing over it and he doesnt even know it is his. Glad your wants one too!