Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Pretty Yarn (part 1)

Ok I only have time for a quick post here so I will only show some of the yarn. Next time I will show the rest and some Works In Progress (WIPs).

By the time I got a chance to go Wild and Wooly Wools it was the 2nd to last day. Needless to say everything had been shopped over. I did find a few good buys though. I also got a chance to talk to the owner and her daughter. Both are very nice and will be missed. She is thinking of opening a mini yarn store in her house. I hope so, I would go just for the talking "shop"


First up is my all time FAVORITE yarn. No it is not Knit Picks (I know shocking, isn't it!) Actually is is Artyarn. Last year I knitted a pair of fingerless mitts for my Mommy (for christmas) and my Aunt R (birthday) and the owner recommended this yarn. The yarn felt like cream. Seriously. I went back a few days later and bought some for myself. I used it for a pair of fingerless mitts (they are the ones I showed before being frogged (ripped out.. get it? rip it rip it - sounds like a frog. I love that ^_^ ) and a pair of socks. (short story: this yarn is superwashed and Hubby does laundry and found a way to wash and dry them (he dries clothes to the temp of the sun) and they shrunk - big time)

Ok back on topic here. I asked her if she remembered back to a year ago and if she remembered what yarn it was. (this was before I had my knitting notebook) and she did!!! (yet another reason why I loved this store) She only had a couple of skeins left and well i bought 2.

Artyarns Handpainted Stripes
colors 134 (yellow and greys - bottom) + 103 (yellow,pink,green and brown - top)

handpainted yarn

Now that I know what the yarn is I have already bookmarked about 10 sites that carry it = )

Next up is Shepherds Wool in plum. Very nice stuff. Very soft and squishy. This is for me. (Sorry Aunt I and Buddah)

purple yarn

Last for today is a new yarn to me. I fell in love with the color.( I am a sucker for blue). I was going to make a hat and scarf or a hat and mitts (can you believe I now have only 2 hats and at the moment no gloves or mitts. Crazy I know) but then I un hanked it and used my ball winder and when I stood up I was covered with blue wool. Boy, did this stuff shed. I am rethinking the whole hat and ______. I am thinking maybe felted bag?

Magallanes in Blues

blues yarn


Next time Sock Yarn.

=)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh so pretty and scrumptious! I've never used that yarn but now I must try it, you enabler you =)

Jill said...

Ooh, very nice. Love that last one. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Too bad that blue is a shedder. What a pretty color. Yum.

Anonymous said...

Have fun playing!