Sunday, June 29, 2008

Got Fiber?

Well the stuff I really really want to show is still wet. I guess I have to face the fact that summer means long drying times. So I have fiber to show.

These are from Enchanted Knoll Farms. They were mentioned over on Lime and Violet and well everyone seems to know about them now! That is a good thing.

river queen

River Queen.

river queen close up

4 oz of merino with silk and shiny stuff = )

chai

Chai

chai close up

4oz of merino with silk and shiny stuff =)

Yes I have a thing for shiny stuff. I bought these a long while ago and just save it for when I couldn't blog about other stuff, or when it is taking forever for a shawl and yarn to dry.

I know I really tried to stop buying yarn and roving until I used up stash I had. The problem with this is I still check out places like the Loopy Ewe. It makes it a little hard to resist the temptation. Yes people I have no will power sometimes. So do not be surprised that when I saw a pattern that I had wanted for about a year (I usually wait to see if I really want it before I buy it) I bought it and then of course I needed yarn since well I did not have enough lace weight in a solid color to use. (Anyone buying this?)

Here we have The Bee Fields Shawl from Knitspot and 3 little skeins of Malabrigo lace weight in forest. We I opened the box I could not pet the Malabrigo. MMMmmmm.

The Bee Shawl and Malabrigio

Here is some handspun yarn. The roving is from Knitty Gritty Thoughts and I do believe it is 5 oz of merino and tencel (50/50?). I 2 plied it and got a little over 200 yards. I do believe I can knit a pair of anklets from it. It measures in at DK weight (mostly)
Irish Girl
Irish Girl

Guess what everyone, I was able to run around with my kiddies the other afternoon! It has been a long time since I was able to do that. I also was able to hold my 4 year old baby for a little while. I t has been almost a year since I was able to do that. Granted it wasn't long because I didn't have the strength but I was still able to do it. I almost feel "normal" what little pain there is is easily ignorable. Now everyone knock on some wood for me, please?

= )

3 comments:

Toni said...

Whoo hoo! I feel like I'm shopping vicariously! Less fun than the real thing, but waaaaay cheaper.

Karen said...

*** knocks loudly on desk top *** I'm crossing my fingers too. :)

Love your loot.

bittenbyknittin said...

Knocking on wood, crossing my fingers and toes, sending good vibes your way!