Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The before


So I had this sweater I made a few years ago. I loved the sweater on paper, on me not much. Ruffles added bulk where I did not need it. Plus it was too big. So it sat there in my closet. Well enough is enough. I know more about making sweaters and there was one I wanted to make. Thing isI really can not afford to buy sweaters worth of yarn and well u had a sweaters worth sitting in my closet. So here's the before
(Wow those ruffles make my tush look bigger then it is)
And this is what it look like now
Things I learned taking this apart. I am very good at hiding ends and horrible at sewing sweater pieces together. The sweater was knit in 9 pieces and the good news is the only yarn I lost was the yarn I used to sew all those pieces together. 
I know not a great picture of dark brown yarn on brown couch but in that picture I already have a swatch hat and the beginnings of my new sweater. Size 10 needles make for fast knitting (don't worry Auntie mittens are being worked on too)






3 comments:

Aunty said...

I'm not worried about my mittens, sweetie. I know I'll get them eventually.

What were you thinking with that sweater, Q?!?!? Very elaborate pattern with cables and ruffles and doodads and all -- and you did it all beautifully, fer sure -- but....I mean....well, it just isn't YOU, you know?

Can't wait to see what you do with the yarn now!

Smoochies to all <3

Toni said...

Good for you!!!! It is soooooo hard to frog a bad project, but who is really built for ruffles on the backside? :)

Toni said...

Good for you!!!! It is soooooo hard to frog a bad project, but who is really built for ruffles on the backside? :)