Saturday, December 13, 2014

Adventures in baking

Today was a fun day. I baked a bunch and we got a tree and it's all decorated. Granted none of this helped with the huge list of thing I need to make for Christmas. I am so behind it's not funny. Surgery,  being sick, everyone else being sick and all the other craziness that happened I am like 2 months behind. Just gonna do what I can. It's the only thing I can do. 

Anyway today was fun. It all started with making another Kringle (I tweaked the recipe) and I managed a picture of a piece. It's like a cinnamon roll but in different form and much easier to make. 
Okay it's not a great picture but oh so good. I also made pizza/calzone braids and sorry no pictures but very yummy. Lastly I made these cookies called butter horns. It's a tradition in my hubby's family. It was a big to do when we were first married about getting the recipe. The whole certain way to make them and all. Well I mostly made them the traditional way until today. See they are supposed to use walnuts and I didn't have any. What I did have was pecans. Mmmmmm. So being the rebel I am I broke tradition. :)   They were very yummy. Sorry no pics. 
Yeah I guess I have to remember to take food pics :)

ETA: pics   Here are the cookies. Well 2 of them

And can't forget the tree!


 

2 comments:

Aunty said...

Mmmmmm...everything sounds so yummy!

Nice tree too!

Glad everything's dried out and you're in the holiday spirit!

smoocheronies to all!!
♥♥♥♥♥♥

Toni said...

Mmmmmmmmm. It all sounds fabulous!