Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Welcome to nature

Family no freaking out okay

2nd. I grew up in Rockland county NY. Yes there are animals around I get that no biggie. 

So checking for poison ivy (I think I got it all) I kept coming across this scat (nice word for poop). It wasn't deer it was a carnivore. Well yesterday we got a reverse 911 call for a black bear in the area. It's the lovely time of year where juveniles get kicked out. 

So I took a picture 
Older one

Here's what looks like fresh one
And through the powers of Google

Seems like besides deer and raccoons we have black bear in our yard too

Welcome to the country kids




2 comments:

Aunty said...

Oh, my. Well -- uh, you say you've found fresh? Hmmmm... Make sure ALL the children understand that they're supposed to IMMEDIATELY get into the house if they see a bear, no matter how cute it is or how curious they (the kids, not the cubs) are. If the bear is between them and the house, run to the car or a neighbor.

Rinse, repeat <-- as many times as necessary.

How long does this "season" last now?

smoochies to all
♥♥♥♥♥♥

MOM said...

WOW, DIDN'T KNOW THIS. GUESS I'M GLAD I DIDN'T