Tuesday, July 11, 2017

16

Crazy how time passes. It sure didn't feel like it was 16 years ago at 9:05 am* that i was handed a crying bundle. Oh my baby boy you have broken me in in so many ways. You were the hardest pregnancy, scariest infancy and after countless (yes I have lost count on how many times over the last 16 years i have taken this boy to the ER) ER trips it takes a lot to get me to panic these days. Which I guess is a good thing with your siblings.

You always make me laugh, especially when i should be mad at you. I also know you completely take full advantage of this fact. You're changing so fast. You will be a junior in HS in September and I don't even want to think that college is just around the corner.

I love you my baby boy. I am so proud of you.  Happy Birthday!!

*Family story. My mother's watch stopped at 9:05 when you were born. She was at work and had no idea.  She still has that watch. Its also on video somewhere of her visit to you and telling and showing us the watch.
**Another little story. His birth was scary. Very short umbilical cord, and meconium in the amniotic fluid and he was stressing big time. I was given one last push before being rushed to the ER. Doctors where on stand by because they expected him to be in bad shape. Out he came screaming bloody murder and absolutely healthy. When the nurse went to take his footprints he manged to get ink all over her. His birth also showed me how strong I was. I was scared and so afraid for him that I used that last push while they were getting the ER ready and got my baby boy out. Granted I needed, according to the dr, about a hundred stitches to put me back together again. I never would have believed I was capable.

1 comment:

Aunty said...

Didn't know the story abt Mom's watch. wow. and didn't know the details you shared abt his birth.

god bless you both!

and smoochies to ALL

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥