Thursday, February 7, 2019

A quick what the heck am I actually doing for those who don’t do this stuff

So hexies are A way to quilt and sew together shapes easily and hassle free. You take paper shapes (I print mine out on card stock. Most sizes are available online for free. Free = good. Though you can buy them in stores and online)

So I punch a hole in the middle for removal later on. Makes it much easier. So you take a scrap of fabric (I like squares. Some people cut them to the rough shape some just make sure the fabric fits). Then taking some thread I fold the edges down and tack them down. I don't go through the paper - some people do.

To see them together I just hold them right sides together and use a running stitch - some people whip stitch. I like the way the running stitch shows less. And tada. Because I am using hexagons and pentagons the shape is folding in on itself. After all sides are sewn I then take the wooden cuticle thing that was laying around and pop the paper out. The ones you see in the picture have already been popped out so I can reuse them. (That's why I don't see through the paper). There are many variations of this technique. Everybody has their own preference

1 comment:

Aunty said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh