Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Finally after five and a half years

This is a pile of ends woven in on a project I blogged about sweater wise on 3/25/14.  It started off as another sweater that even though I loved it, on me it looked horrid. (See 2/25/14 on the sidebar)

Its Elizabeth Zimmerman's New Zealand sweater and well the reknit of the body went fast. Then we moved and well life happened. It stalled with just one sleeve to go.
(pre-bath I just had to try it on)

and so last year I picked it up and knit most of the sleeve. and then realized I couldn't read my own notes. (note to self: you will not understand what the hell you mean later on. Trust me. Write better notes!) and the sleeve was way bigger than the other one. So I ripped it out and put it away so I could think of a way to make the sleeves match.

bath time

What I would up doing was "reading" the other sleeve and changing my notes and constantly checking to make sure they were matching up. Thank goodness for knitting experience and my ability to actually read my knitting. I really didn't want to rip the other sleeve out to reknit them both together.

drying time

Because the yarn was from another sweater with tons of parts there were a ton of ends to weave in. It took most of the day (on and off) to do but it is done and I have my sweater. Which is even baggier than I originally planned but hey I wanted baggy and that is what happens when you lose weight and take 5 and a half years to finish.

1 comment:

Aunty said...

Interesting change of background and font, Q. I think it will take me a while to get used to it. Old people hate change. {{{sigh}}}

Nice you didn't give up on the sweater. I like it, but I'm not crazy about the color. Sorry. I guess I'm a sourpuss this morning.

love to all

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥