Saturday, September 5, 2020

Infusion (again)

It's taken almost a year to get my numbers as good as they are (damn unexplained anemia). Doc wants my iron store number at at least 100. Last blood test showed 70. (Though a year ago it was 6 - he couldn't figure how I was even functioning). Slow and steady wins this race because a nasty side effect of these infusions that can sometimes happens (which means of course it has to happen to me) is the body can say nope don't wanna deal with this any more and the organs and veins throw a fit. So we are going to stretch to every little weeks to see if the numbers still go in the right direction and my reaction calms downs. (So far so good. I don't feel like I have run over by a massive heard of elephants)
Pictures: knitting for waiting and reading for during infusion

1 comment:

Aunty said...

I guess we can blame your auto-correct for the typos, but it's not clear to me what the new stretched intervals are for your infusions. I can't guess what "little" is supposed to be. (I know: bitch bitch bitch)

Weather is much nicer today after a few days of rain, but I think the temps are going up again this week.

Hope the kids are all doing fine in school, those who have started and those who are starting this week.

Take care of yourself, Q.

Sterile smoochies to all

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥