Friday, September 28, 2007

The Socks are Done!!!!

Yeah, Yippee, The Socks from Hell are done!!!! I am so relieved. These socks were the thorn in my side for a long time. It will be a very very long time (maybe never) before I make Hubby another pair of socks using 00 dpns. I used Cherry Tree Hill Yarn and I can not tell you what the colors are because the bands are long gone. Blue and Orange for the Mets (hopefully they will win), Islanders (hockey season is almost here) and Da Bears. Wasn't Hubby sweet to pick 3 teams that had the same colors? Actually it just happen to be, but it makes my life a little easier - I only had to knit 1 pair of socks!! = )

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yes I did knit them opposite each other. I had to be different. I also could not wait for Hubby to come home to take a picture.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also finished one of pair for christmas. I am using Knit Picks Swish and size 5 dpns. (wow the knitting went fast on size 5) The pattern is Ribbed Lace from Sensational Knitted Socks. I know B&W really doesn't show much so here is another pic of the lace.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Since it has been a little stressful here, I dug out some baby alpaca and started a scarf for myself. I used a pattern that the Harlot posted a while ago. (I can not find it right now but I will keep looking.) It is the same on both sides and does not curl. It is simple, so I do not have to pay attention but it is not coma inducing garter. (no offense to anyone - garter put me to sleep) Note: I found the link. Click here

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The yarn is Plymouth Yarn - Baby Alpaca Grande. I am using 10.5 needles. The color is a twist of red and orange. I love baby alpaca. It is so soft you just want to crawl inside and snuggle. (No I do not have a problem)

Hubby will have surgery in the next 2-3 weeks (as soon as all paper work, routine tests and insurance crap is taken care of) to see if this lesion is cancerous or not. Needless to say there is still worrying going on here. If it is cancer we have the luck that this type of cancer is one of the slowest that there is. I would, of course, prefer it not to be cancer.

The Son lost his other front tooth.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I smile every time I see him smile. He also sounds so cute with the lisp. (I did work on his sweater. It just looks like a bigger black blob).

Well I need to go check on the yarn I am dying for Jill's contest to raise money for her walk. You did check her blog out and donate if possible right? She is walking to fight breast cancer.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oooh, that scarf is sweet. I love the pattern, and it seems so simple! Brilliant. Gotta love Harlot.

I know that lisp well--so cute, right? And sometimes it's the funniest thing, and my daughter can't figure out what in the world I'm laughing about. LOVE IT!

bittenbyknittin said...

Were Hubby's socks supposed to be *lucky* socks? So sorry! ;-) Maybe hockey season will be better.