Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Weaving and a miracle

This above is me finally going beyond just plain back and forth weave. I read and then read some more -patterns blogs and articles. I am very much new to this even though i have had my loom for years. It seems that I do this. Hop around learn something move on then come back and learn something new and repeat. Well it turns out that not only knitting patterns lie so do weaving ones. I wasn't even close to having enough yarn for the blue one. =(  I'll make it into something from it. The color is too pretty not to.(BTW its Periwinkle Sheep aran in Grace.

This is the same pattern in a different yarn. Its in black and white. Hopefully a Christmas gift. Now I actually finished the weaving and its off the loom (weaving is very fast compared to knitting) half the ends are finished off. Of course it still looks the wrong size. To me it looks to short but we shall see after a nice soaking and blocking. One more thing to block-ugh! I have literally a Lowe's 5 gallon bucket full of blocking. Probably should do that soon.


This is the miracle. Only Mj knew I was taking the picture ( hence why it not a great picture). This is proof that my 4 wonderful kids can actually be in a room (Dillon's) and get along!!!!Yes the 3 older ones are on their laptops playing Minecraft together. For almost 2 hours!! Together the 4 of them!! WITHOUT FIGHTING!!!!!! They were being nice to each other!!!

I'm sure you can tell by my wording this is not something that happens in this house. I just had to mave some sort of proof. I'm thinking of having this picture printed and framed. It give me hope that it can happen. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Aunty said...

I love the weaving. Hope to see more of it, Niece. Can't wait to see when you get to the stage of creating pictures in the weaving.

And lol at the kids playing together nicely all in one place! I agree that you should enlarge and print it, maybe with the date for posterity!

smoochies to all, human and feline

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥