Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Well with some arm twisting (not really) from a fellow S’n’Ber, I started this Saturday Market Bag from MagKnits.
A bunch of us started a KAL for this bag and with help from them (and no help from Benadryl) I finally got it going. Yes I changed the pattern a little. I am knitting in the round, which means - no seaming. = ) Here is my progress:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is just 6 repeats. I think I added 6 rows of plain knit in size 11 to make a solid bottom (I also used 3-needle BO - no sewing=) ). I just have to pick up stitches and do the top. The bag really stretches in all directions, which is what I want. I am using Sugar n Cream cotton in Country Side Ombre . It is leftover form this bag:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I wanted a messenger bag and so I made one up. The strap stretched more then I thought but, it works over the shoulder.

MS3 update: Yeah! I finished chart A. I am about a third through chart B. My reaction cleared up enough where I no longer want to rip my skin off so the first thing I worked on was the stole. I also switched to dpns and it is going much faster. It is not a great picture. Since I am using dpns, I can not stretch it out very well.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also worked a little on Hubby’s sock, though I am still on the cuff. I think I may have entered a knitting black hole with this sock. I swear I have knitted and knitted on it but it is not changing size. Well right now it is in a time out.

I still have not casted on Vog On number 2. I will, I know I will. These socks will not fall victim to Second Sock Syndrome.
UPDATE: I was a good girl and I have started (just) the second sock. These will be the socks for August for the Sock A Month KAL

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am going to Stitch N Pitch on August 8th at Shea (Go Mets!!). I am really excited. Hubby bought tickets that are unbelievable. They even came with passes to the Diamond club - maybe we will get to see Ron Darling or other great Mets. I will be sitting up close and personal (I am talking like second or third row) knitting. Well I will try to anyway and hopefully avoid any foul balls hit our way. (Hubby has already been told he is on foul ball duty) Now what should I bring to knit?

Other then that it has been kinda boring around here. Did I really just write that? Oh boy I am in for it now.=).


Only 146 days until Christmas.

2 comments:

bittenbyknittin said...

Glad your itchiness is going away. Some things just take time (like knitting - HA!)

Re SnP - I assume Shea is not a dome? Without climate control, knitting can get sticky. I recommend something in cotton on metal or plastic needles.

Go Cubs!

Denise Bein Kroll said...

I went to the SnP at Milwaukee last week. It was hot and humid. Socks are a great SnP project. I started my Aug SAM4 socks there and am almost finished. Have fun!

Go Cards! (go figure... I live between Chicago and Milwauke) :)